Ok so I am carrying on with the “drizzle” theme with another cupcake recipe. But when the cake is this yummy (I flatter myself) 😉 you really do not need lots of frosting. I am going to rather immodestly say that these are the best chocolate cupcakes I have made so far. The sponge is so light and delicate with a little orange flavour from the marmalade and zest and a deep chocolate flavour from the cocoa. I love them and have rather naughtily had three already today. Levi thought they were equally yummy and couldn’t stuff them into his mouth quick enough;
that’s my boy! 🙂
Do try them out….
Chocolate Orange Drizzle Cupcakes
- 150 g plain flour
- 75 g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175 g white sugar
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- 1 tbsp ground flax (linseed) mixed with 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 big tbsp of marmalade
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 250 ml rice milk
Preheat oven to 180 c
- Mix the flax and water in a small bowl and put aside.
- Sieve all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Make a hollow in the middle and add all of the other ingredients stirring gently until combined. Do not over mix or beat to hard.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake for about 12 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean. Remove to a rack to cool.
- 150 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp marmalade
- 3 tbsp orange juice
Sieve the icing sugar then mix in the marmalade followed by the juice until you achieve a nice drizzly consistency. Drizzle away!
Head over to Cybele Pascal’s fab blog for more recipes from Allergy Friendly Friday.