My boys really enjoyed making these dog cookies at the weekend. The perfect yummy treat for our 4 month old Cockapoo Darcy! I know this recipe has been in demand on my Facebook page so am giving you the fast track version.
This is pretty flexible; if you are allergic to wheat or gluten then use brown rice flour instead (some say it is better for the dogs anyway); use pumpkin purée in place of the banana etc etc play about with it.
Here is the recipe;
- 150g whole meal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 80g porridge oats (or oatmeal)
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 100g sunflower seed butter (make it or buy it from a health shop or if not allergic use peanut butter)
- 50g apple purée (can use those kids fruit purée pouches or baby food purees)
- Preheat oven to 180 c
- Mix to a dough using your hands.
- Roll out and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool then store in an airtight box for a couple of weeks (or freeze uncooked dough to make small batches at a time).
Share with your fluffy best friend! 🙂
Your fluffy best friend is adorable! I just had someone ask me about allergy-free dog treats. I suggested carrots, but you are way more creative! I’ll definitely share this post with her. And I must find a bone shaped cutter so that I can make these for our puppies. Looks like so much fun 🙂
Thankyou! The bone shaped cutter is from amazon, there were a lot on there with varying sizes. Hope your friend likes them! X