I have been forgetting to write this recipe up for a while. I found the pictures again when scrolling through my photos and wondered how I could have forgotten such unforgettable banana loaf! 😉
Is there anything more comforting than a nice cup of tea and a huge slice (or two) of yummy moist banana loaf? hmm I think not. And we all know chocolate makes everything better…
Anyway there’s not really much more to say other than this needs to be made so here, go make it…..
Chocolate Chunk Banana Loaf
- 2 or 3 soft bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp warm water
- tbsp of honey/ golden syrup/ agave syrup
- 80 ml of sunflower oil
- 75g of light brown sugar
- 100g of caster sugar
- 80 ml rice milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- Mix together the flax and water and put aside.
- Mash the banana with the honey/syrup.
- Add sugars, oil, rice milk, vanilla extract and flax mixture.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until combined finally adding the chocolate chunks.
- Cook at 180c until a knife comes out clean (about 45 minutes). Leave to cool slightly before turning out